First off, Happy Halloween everyone! Tonight the Bruins continue the southern leg of the 2-night Florida tour with a stop in Tampa Bay. As we know the Bruins have been playing much better hockey as of late, including Tuukka Rask starting to see his game come together with a fantastic performance last night against the Panthers. Just a few nugget for you to chew on before the Bruins win another game tonight:
- Tampa Bay forward Tyler Johnson is questionable for the game with an undisclosed injury. Not sure what it is but this could be a nice opening for the Bruins to take advantage of.
- The Bruins enter tonight in 3rd place in the Atlantic Division. What’s more is with a win they’ll leap frog two teams (Tampa and Ottawa) into 2nd place. The Bruins also have a couple games in hand on the teams in front them. Who would of thought that two weeks ago? (We did). See the standings as of this morning below:
- David Krejci’s 9-game point streak to start the season continued last night with an assist. It’s the longest streak for a Bruin since 1992-1993. As mentioned before, with Tampa’s Tyler Johnson possibly out of the line up tonight he could find himself with some favorable match-ups again tonight.
- It’s not confirmed who’s in net yet for the Bruins, with the trend in the NHL of playing back up goalies on the the second night of back-to-backs one would expect to see Jonas Gustavsson relieve Tuukka Rask tonight. But with how hot Tuukka has been lately all bets are off on who gets the start tonight. I’m sure Tuukka would like another shot at Tampa after his poor performance against them earlier this season.
- My Bruins DraftKings pick of the day? I’d have to go with David Pastrnak. He’s hasn’t been the best lately, shooting at an 8.3% success rate right now and hasn’t scored in a few games. But with 4 shots last night in 13 minutes of ice time we might see a shooting percentage correction tonight.